To be considered for a course at New Zealand School of Tourism you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 18 years of age on day 1 of your course
- Completed Secondary School offshore or New Zealand Year 12 or equivalent work experience
- English Language Proficiency as outlined below
English Language Proficiency
All New Zealand School of Tourism courses are conducted in English. The following levels are considered as an acceptable level for our courses:
- IELTS 5.5, No individual band to be under 5.0
- TOEFL 550 (PBT), 46(IBT)
- Equivalent qualifications (FCE, CAE, NZCEL, PToE, IESOL, NCEA Level 3)
- Passed an internal ACG test with 5.5 IELTS overall. From 24 October 2015 this is only applicable for students from markets with over 80 percent visa approval. For Immigration NZ visa approval rates click here
- A 5.5 IELTs equivalent letter from an approved partner English school that has an approved NZQA English language proficiency assessment. From 24 October 2015 this is only applicable for students from markets with over 80 percent visa approval. For Immigration NZ visa approval rates click here
- Transferring/graduated from another tertiary training organisation in New Zealand. You may be required to sit our internal ACG English test
It is important that students understand that full disclosure of level of English, educational achievement, insurance etc is vital to ensure that there are no repercussions that may occur due to non-disclosure.
Due to the physical activities involved in the International Flight Attending students should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Swim freestyle (overarm) one length 25 metres, in togs, tread water for 2.5 minutes.
- Swim with clothing and lifejacket on 50 metres any style with in a 2 minute time frame.
- Rescue swim (drag a partner) 25 metres and then swap over.
Acceptance on to any of the courses is at the discretion of New Zealand School of Tourism following an interview. Subject to meeting entry requirements, acceptance is based on availability.
HOW TO ENROL
- Complete the application form and then email it to us at email@example.com
- If accepted we will notify you within 48 business hours that we have received your application
- Once we have all the correct documents you will be required to meet with us either in person or by other means (When English proficiency is met).
- You will receive a letter of offer or conditional letter of offer confirming your place.
- You will receive an invoice for your total course costs.
- On paying your $300 application fee we will hold a place for you on a course.
- Full payment on the invoice is required 1 month before official start date.
- On full payment of your invoice you will receive your receipt and be able to start your visa application process. Allow enough time for visa processing.
- If your enrolment is unsuccessful, you will be notified outlining what criteria is not met.
Please visit our 'Downloads' section below for the International Student Enrolment form.